Born in Cork in 1959, she studied Sculpture at the Crawford College of Art in Cork, Goldsmiths College in London and Cardiff College of Art. Awarded an MA and a National Diploma in Art with Distinction. Her sculptures comprises elements which are carved in wood, modelled in porcelain and with additional hand-worked or salvaged elements in metal, stone and glass. Her language is one of symbolic form, form which becomes a vehicle for the spiritual in nature. Her work has been exhibited in solo and group exhibitions in Ireland, England, Wales, France, Spain, Germany, Italy, Holland, Hungary, Poland, Finland, Canada, USA and Japan. She was the first Irish artist to have a solo Exhibition in the Irish Museum of Modern Art. Public commissions include Kilkenny Castle, The Office of Public Works at 51 St Stephen’s Green, a sculpture for National Universities of Ireland presentation to President Mary Robinson, Cothú Awards and Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council. She has received various Arts Council awards. Other awards include an International Ceramic Award, a Canada Council award and The New Horizons Award from the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation.
< back to cnuas members
Back to top