Born in Dublin in 1947, he studied at the National College of Art & Design and the Jan Van Eyck Academy in Holland. He represented Ireland in the 7th International Small Sculpture Show in Budpest (1987). His public commissions include Anti-War Memorial, Limerick (1987) and Mr. Screen, a statue outside the arthouse cinema in Dublin (1988), as well as the bronze Palm Tree seat in Temple Bar, Dublin. He has created mosaic panels at Ballycreagh N.S. in Firhouse (1990), Blanchardstown Library (1991), and Burren Fish Products in Lisdoonvara (1994). He won the Oireachtas Gold Medal for sculpture three times (1974, 85, 86); the Waterford Glass Prize (1992); and several grants and awards from the Arts Council and the Department of Foreign Affairs. His Maritime Piece in Wicklow town won the Concrete Society of Ireland Sculpture Award in 1993. He held solo exhibitions at the Castletymon Library (1990) and Blanchardstown Library (1991), and he participated in the Sculpture in Context group show in the Botanical Gardens in Dublin in autumn 2002.
< back to current members
Back to top